Hello!

Welcome to my blog! On occasion, I will publish short stories, essays, and other things right here on this site! If you would like to be notified of new postings, click the follow by email link on the right of the page!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What is Adolescence? - According to an 8th Grader

So I found a copy to some 'essay' I wrote on adolescence in 8th Grade. This is perhaps the most awesome thing I have ever found that past me has written.

Adolescence is the period of time in which a teenager goes through a great deal of physical and emotional change in root of becoming an adult. The first change that I went through was I started getting hair on different parts of my body other than on the top of my head. I have always heard that the adolescent is usually uncomfortable about this, but it made me feel like a hot shot. Right after that, my little, girly voice that everybody laughed at started to crack, and then gradually got deeper. I always liked girls but all of a sudden I started to look at them different. I started to get nervous around them, which wasn’t cool because my sweat glands were in fifth gear. All the girls that used to be taller than me and then I started to grow. I sort of looked at it like they were shrinking, because I was certain I wasn’t growing. I was afraid I would be a little shrimp all my life. Then it was like someone was taking a helium tank, plugging it in to my feet, ears, and nose, and blowing them up like a balloon. You don’t know how many times I heard, “Don’t worry, you will grow in to your features.” My big feet and rapid growth made me clumsy, so I had to try my best to hide that by playing the only sport were clumsiness doesn’t matter: tetherball. I don’t even know if you can consider that a sport. I don’t know what it would be like going through adolescence as a female, but I can imagine the rapid growth of the bust and starting your menstrual cycle would be rather embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment